I graduated a year ago so I thought I would share a few things that I think would be helpful. This will be a little bit late for some people as I think a lot of people graduated this week but I figured there are bound to be more in the coming weeks and of course there are those that have Autumn ceremonies.
|Me on stage at my graduation!|
- Safety pins - graduation gowns are big, and the hood will fall off, repeatedly. So pin it all in place! (Tip: I wore a strapless dress so I wore a bra with detachable straps with it so that I'd have something to pin on to, and then just took the straps off when I wasn't wearing my robes)
- Wear shoes you can walk in - they don't need to be super comfortable as you can always change them after the ceremony but be sure you can happily walk up/down steps and across a stage in them.
- Don't try out a new look - stick to what you know suits you so you don't look back at the photos and regret your decisions (and remember you'll be wearing a hat so most up-dos won't work!)
- Practice your make up before hand - if you want to try out something a bit new or if you don't normally wear much make up then you'll want to test out how well it'll last so you don't have to worry about touch ups when you want to be celebrating with friends
- If you're nervous about going up on stage then just take a few deep breaths and remember that it'll all be over in about 60 seconds.
Also remember to get lots of photos with your friends!
Hope this has been at least a little bit helpful, and congratulations if any of you are just graduating :)